Hi, I’m Ellie, and welcome to my
neurotic brain blog! I’m a twenty-something living in London, who spends most of my waking hours editing photos, stressing about the state of the world and researching the cost of flights to places I have no immediate intention to visit.
My endless overthinking and penchant for analysing things led me to create Endlessly Restless, where I can post to my heart’s content about whatever’s on my mind at any given time. There are lots of posts about politics, travel, my life and all the times I’ve convinced my friends and family to model for me. This is also where I can share my photography, as I love taking pictures but hate Instagram.
Life gives us a lot to think about, so I’ve decided to do what any shameless person who chronically overshares would do – put it all on the Internet for friends and strangers to read and where it will live forever.
Here are some facts about me:
- I once ate twenty-seven spring rolls at an all-you-can-eat buffet
- Approximately once a day, I fantasise about quitting my job to become a scuba-diving instructor
- I once tried to close my curtains and pulled the entire curtain rail off the wall because I lack gentleness and spatial awareness in equal measure
- My favourite spot in London is the riverfront next to Tower Bridge
- My ultimate favourite TV show is House, MD. My current favourite TV show is The Good Place.
- My biggest travel dreams are to visit Mozambique, Cuba, Montenegro, Palau (the jellyfish lake! Look it up) and Egypt
- I am happiest by, or in, the ocean
- My last meal would probably be pesto pasta, and I’m sorry if that disappoints you
- I can rap the entire Hamilton songbook, and yes, it is embarrassing
- If I could have any skill, it would be to speak dozens of languages. A superpower.
If you want to read about politics…
Does it have to be this way? Democracy, Donald Trump and incompetence // The climatic guilt trip // Boardrooms and burned bras: questions at the intersection of feminism and capitalism // He came, we protested // Will we go green enough? The reality of fighting climate change // What’s the story? // When it comes to anti-abortion protests, it’s not about the sanctity of life. It never has been. // Scenes from the ‘Put it to the People’ march
If you want to read about travel…
Is travel frivolous? // In Spain, we eat // 10 wonderful moments in Europe // How I know that Vietnam’s international healthcare is great // Some thoughts on women’s rights around the world // Looking up: Prague’s St Vitus Cathedral // Trdelnik: a treat just for tourists // Six foods you need to eat in Poland // Expectations, reality and not seeing the northern lights // Looking cool, getting bruised: learning to snowboard // Tregardock beach, 2018 // Climbing Snowdon for the stubborn
If you want to see my best photos…
My best photos of 2018 // Photos from the Arctic Circle // Maddie and my camera // He came, we protested // More photos of spring flowers in Cornwall // The Seychelles: a photodiary // Magic mountains // Snapshots from Mount Snowdon // 13th January, Brockwell Park, London // Beautiful Bruges in thirty-two photos
Bottom line: I am trying to write about the world in a way that is thoughtful, analytical and funny. I figure the more I do it, the better I’ll get.
If you want to know a little bit more about me, you can read this post. If you want to get in touch and chat life, death, travel, the world, cake or anything else, you can reach me at email@example.com! My inbox is open.
I’m so grateful to anyone who spends part of their day here with me. Thank you for reading! If you want to keep up with my posts, your best bet is signing up to my email list (no spam, promise).