Endlessly Restless is a blog about travel, politics and the big questions of modern life, written by me, Ellie. I’m a twenty-something living in London, who, according to a friend, “thinks more before 9am than most people do in a week.”
My endless overthinking and penchant for analysing things led me to create this blog, where I can post to my heart’s content about whatever’s on my mind at any given time. There are lots of posts about travel, though typically from the perspective of trying to explore how we move through the world rather than ‘what to see and do,’ and, when I’m not travelling (which is most of the time, given that I have a full-time job in London and like to see my friends and family too), posts about pop culture, politics or whatever facet of modern life I’m thinking about. This is also where I can share my photography, as I love taking pictures but hate Instagram.
Life gives us a lot to think about, so I’ve decided to do what any shameless person who chronically overshares would do – put it all on the Internet for friends and strangers to read and where it will live forever.
Here are some facts about me:
- I once ate twenty-seven spring rolls at an all-you-can-eat buffet
- Last year, I memorised all the world capitals because I am a huge nerd
- I once tried to close my curtains and pulled the entire curtain rail off the wall because I lack gentleness and spatial awareness in equal measure
- My favourite spot in London is the riverfront next to Tower Bridge
- My ultimate favourite TV show is House, MD. My current favourite TV show is The Good Place
- My biggest travel dreams are to visit Mozambique, Cuba, Montenegro, Palau (the jellyfish lake! Look it up) and Egypt
- I am happiest by, or in, the ocean
- My last meal would probably be pesto pasta, and I’m sorry if that disappoints you
- I love musicals so, so much, and I love to sing, even though I’m not very good and Jake has threatened to end our relationship if I continue to belt out show tunes at all hours of the day
- If I could have any skill, it would be to speak dozens of languages. A superpower
Here are some of my favourite posts on this site:
- My best photos of 2018
- Climbing Snowdon for the stubborn
- The Museum of Socialist Art, Sofia, Bulgaria
- 27th December, Tregardock Beach, Cornwall
- Will we go green enough? The reality of fighting climate change
- Some thoughts on women’s rights around the world
- 13th January, Brockwell Park, London
- Is travel frivolous?
- Magic mountains
- Chlorophyll, coconut bacon and CBD oil: a part-rant, part-review rundown of brunch at Farm Girl, Notting Hill
- How not to die at -35C (aka what to pack for the Arctic)
- Looking up: Prague’s St Vitus Cathedral
Bottom line: I am trying to write about the world in a way that is thoughtful, analytical and funny. I figure the more I do it, the better I’ll get.
If you want to know a little bit more about me, you can read this post. If you want to get in touch and chat life, death, travel, the world, cake or anything else, you can reach me at email@example.com! My inbox is open.
I’m so grateful to anyone to spends part of their day here with me. Thank you for reading! If you want to keep up with my posts, your best bet is signing up to my email list (no spam, promise) using the box on the right-hand side of this page.